Saturday, January 31, 2009

Finding Joy in the Journey!

Well, its Saturday night and me and Andy just got back from our Stake Conference Adult session and he has another at 7am, so he's asleep along with the girls, and TV doesn't sound very interesting so I am posting. I love to look at what everyone has been up to in their own lives, I love this Blogging thing, I just don't spend the time to post messages, but I do read everyones often.
This year our R.S. is focusing on finding fullness of joy, and we are planning a Enrichment retreat, that my new calling by the way, and we are focusing on this theme. So I was just thinking what are somethings I find joy in? And I want to focus on these things all year. What are things you find joy in? Just a thinking question.
Goals for finding Fullness of Joy:
I find joy in knowing that I have a Savior who love me and that atoned for my sins. So I need to draw closer to him through scriptures and prayer and temple attendance.
I find joy in being with my husband, so we have date night every Wednesday night, its been the greatest thing we have done to improve our relationship and our personal lives.
I find joy in being with my girls, so I am going to try to wake up earlier and stay up later and get things done, so in the middle of the day I can just play and teach my kids, I love just playing with them without all the other motel stuff.
I can think of other things that I like, but I guess I am pretty simple, I find joy in these simple things.
What are your goals this year to finding joy in the journey?

No comments: