Thursday, February 11, 2010

Remembering Maggie


Yesterday was Maggie's Birthday, Feb 10th. I was thinking how fitting it is to have her close to valentines, because she was such a sweetie, and we love her so very much. We celebrated her day by decroating the house with balloons and streamers, played party games, went and bought penny candy, and went to her grave and decorated it with balloons, flowers, and pinwheels and went to the temple. Its was a bright sunny day, and we felt her love for us as a family. I feel so blessed that our Heavenly Father chose Maggie to come down and be a part of our family, if only briefly. There are times when I wonder what she is doing with her mission in heaven, and what she would have been like if she were with us, a beautiful, fun loving 6 years old. I miss her and we remember her often. I feel sad sometimes she is not with us, but I feel so grateful she is ours forever, and I feel so blessed for the way she has strengthen my testimony of the gospel, and of my Savior Jesus Christ. She has made it a reality daily to have an Eternal Perspective in my life.


This picture was taken Last Memorial day.

4 comments:

Christina W. Cook said...

That is very sweet. Wow, 6 years, I forgot how close in age she and Charlie are. Happy birthday Maggie.

Christy said...

Thank you for your post - i always get so confused on when her birthday is...some times i think it is the 12th and sometimes i think it is the 16th for some reason??? So, now...there are no excuses and i will remember it is the 10th :)

I remember her sweet demeanor - i remember being there on Valentines that year and holding/loving her.
I can't believe it has been 6 years already...

Happy Birthday Maggie...we love you!

Laura said...

I will always admire you for the strength you have had. You are a great example of faith and trusting in the Lord. Love you sis!

justjoni said...

I've always admired your strength in this adversity. What a beautiful example you and Andy are to your children. Happy Birthday sweet little Maggie!